Friday, August 6, 2010

...And now for something completely different...


 
Working in the automotive industry always made people wonder why I build Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFV) instead of cars. Well, I love cars but I love tanks better! But just so people won’t say I’m being too anal about my hobby, here it goes…


This is a 1/24th  scale Mustang from the “For Sale” series by  Jada Toys. These die cast cars come already in an aged , weathered and rusted appearance. I added rain streaks and dust, some more rust and grime, greasy hand marks as well as silver duct tape here and there.  
To give it a better effect I made a simple scenery using wooden popsicle sticks for a fence on a Styrofoam base covered with gravel and synthetic grass fibres. The poison Ivy groing on the fence was made with dried plant roots and tea leaves. Dry leaves on the car and on the ground complement the atmosphere of abandonment.

No comments:

Post a Comment