Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's getting weird...


From time to time, I have an outbreak of doing something completely different. Since I work for the design department of a major Brazilian car manufacturer, I always have requests of working colleagues to build something crazy for them, usually using an existing die cast toy car. They give me plenty of artistic license do with their toys whatever I want. All I could wish for…
The ZIS 9000-S is the result of one such “modeling rampage”. The model is based on a Norev 1/43rd scale die cast Fiat New Punto. The necessary inspiration to rightfully mutilate the poor little car, was the monthly contest held at our design & motion blog sited at http://agora-pode.blogspot.com/. Every month a theme is selected and designers everywhere are invited to participate with sketches, digital 3D model renders or even, like me, presenting a physical modeled vehicle. This month’s theme revolves around a combination of military + city car set in a futuristic, year 2150 environment. Does it sound adventurous? It certainly does and I strongly recommend a visit, even if you, dear visitor, are not into car design. The participating designs will be posted tomorrow (08/26) around 12:00 (GMT). Drop in and check it out!  


No comments:

Post a Comment